I was quite lost and i walked into a random travel store asking the guy how i use my Roma pass. I bought the Roma pass online before i left and picked it up at the airport. Seemed like a good idea but i actually had no idea how it worked. This guy was so friendly, he explained that upon activation the pass is valid for 3 days of unlimited travel on public transport and includes entrance to 2 museums and the Colosseum. He even pulled out a map and started giving me directions saying, "If you need anything, you know where to find me". I didn't even buy the pass from him!
I asked him how to get to the Colosseum to which he chuckled a bit and said, "You turn left outside and walk 200m. You will see this big thing....that's it". Oh haha. Silly me.
Since it was so close i thought I might as well check it out. It's amazing! I didn't ever expect to be taken away by some crumbling building but i was really blown away.
I walked around to what used to be the entrance where the gladiators came in and checked out all mini statues too. Lots to see and before i knew it, i had already been there for 3 hours?
I asked heaps of randoms to take pics for me. Amongst them were 2 asians who spoke pretty good english. I moved along pretty quickly...as i was leaving though, one of them approached me and said they'd really like to hang out? I thought...why not. Apparently they had only just arrived and were here for another 2 days. I was slightly worried they would kidnap me though. We exchanged emails and at around 9 they came to my hostel and we went down to Trevi Fountain.
The two guys were actually Irish! They grew up in Dublin originating from Shanghai. As the night wore on the accent got stronger. So bizarre...chinese people with Irish accents. Anyway, we had dinner just near the fountain and then they walked me back. It was already 1am by the time i got back and pretty pooped for the day.
Today I will be heading out with the boys to see the Spanish steps, a few museums, then a tour of the Vatican!
They have already invited me to visit them in Dublin on my way back. Apparently its only a very short journey from London? Sounds like a miserable place though so....No, thanks.



No comments:
Post a Comment