Travelling by yourself is hard. You have to do absolutely everything yourself and mostly because you have to take all your bags with you when you go to pee. Ok, maybe that's not the biggest issue. It's quite mentally draining. I mean you need to plan everything yourself. You have to look up addresses, schedules, opening times, ticket prices, train timetables and bus routes all on your own. Nobody helps you with your bag and nobody is there to also be on the lookout for any danger. It's all up to you.
I can proudly say though that I think I took it all in my stride. Admittedly, when I was sitting in emergency of Berlin Hospital I wanted to change my flight to go home straight away. I'm glad I sucked it up and came to London anyway. It has been a great end to my trip.
Travel is an eye-opening and life changing thing. I've learned so many things about history, places, people and even more about myself. I have done so many things and dealt with so many things in the past 3 weeks that I would never have expected was within my capacity.
Thank God for looking after me during this time, for giving me a job so I could afford to do this and for giving me a loving and supportive family for me to be excited to come home to.
Home bound.

No comments:
Post a Comment