Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Venezia, Italia 7:30pm 24/7/13

So it's my last 90mins in Italy - I'm at Marco Polo airport waiting to board my flight to Berlin.

I've truly had an amazing time. I still remember feeling my stomach suddenly flip when I turned the corner and saw the Colosseum for the first time. That was the moment that it really hit me how far away from home I was/am. 

Since then I've just been in awe of everything..how different this side of the world is. So Sean, Jenny and I spent some time researching and apparently toilets do not flush in the opposite direction but tornados really turn in the opposite direction. I didn't even know we had tornados.... 

It's been nice having Aunty Cyn and Uncle Elvia around. I've been eating three meals at restaurants like a high roller....paying €15 for salad :O:O:O. Thanks to Uncle Elvis I also managed to tick Venetian gondola ride off my bucket list...thank God for Uncle Elvis! I know it's totally ridiculous to think of skipping the gondola ride in Venice but did you know it's €80 per person!!?? Seriously mate, i'm just a backpacker and you're just a rowboat. 








People go to Venice as a day trip cos there's really not much to do. I visited Murano and Burano - the little islands just off Venie which are famous for glass and lace respectively. The glass making is incredible! Funnily enough the people who make these amazingly intricate glass decorations...are fat old Italian men in singlets. They look as far from "artist" as possible.  



Arrivederci Italia. Its been a blast. 

Berlin, here I come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment