I packed my bags and bid farewell to the other girls after breakfast. I'm not going to lie...all i did was carry my pack down 2 flights of stairs and i think i hurt my back! Seriously, my SIJ hurts.
I don't like the new hostel as much. We're in bunks for one and it feels less clean although the girl at reception is very nice. Sadly, also bid farewell to the Irish boys as they returned to Dublin to start work on the same day.
I started an epic journey trying to cover all that I'd missed out on over the last two days. So, back to Colosseum to visit the other monuments, back to Spagna to see the amazing buildings as well as Santa Maria and then to Trastevere to see it during the day. Something was going on in Spagna...there were huge camera crews waiting outside a building for someone to come out.
This is no small task...all these places are really far away from each other! I also went a bit too far along Trastevere and before i knew it, i was off the map! Holy shit...that feeling when you can't find your street name on your map!
I stumbled upon a random monastery too. It probably wasn't "open to the public" because the priest looked slightly puzzled to see me. Or it might have been because I had walked into a dead end and had to do a 180 right in front of him. I swear monasteries are like the maze from Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire.
If i had to choose, Spagna is probably my favourite. I think its where the rich people live so nobody bothers you or whistles at you (that happens a lot it Trastevere). The men wear Cavalli suits and women carry Hermes bags - you get the idea.
I think i've done quite well in Rome for 3 days. I have seen many many things - not in great detail but enough to know that I really like this city. It will be tough to beat!
I'm on my train to Florence. Time to get some shut-eye.







No comments:
Post a Comment